Friday, December 10, 2010

"The Tourist" Review

Here's something we haven't yet done: a movie review... in this case for the movie "The Tourist". First off, let me just say that I was very disappointed that one of the best actors in the world, Johnny Depp, would accept a role opposite what I consider to be a "B-level" actress: Angelina Jolie. He must have really liked the script/story I guess!

In "The Tourist" Jolie is as beautiful as ever, and as boring as ever. But the cat-and-mouse romantic "suspense" story is really pretty bad and the acting isn't much better. In fact I would say definitely wait to buy the DVD... and then only if it costs $7 or less. It's obvious that the director tried to copy Alfred Hitchcock's style but he really didn't even come close to doing so. The movie is full of luxurious glamour, clever twists, and a good about of dry humor but in the end it fails to provide much entertainment at all.

So there's my review of The Tourist. I'd give it 1 and a half stars out of 5!

No comments: